25 July 2006

culinary dervish

I have been cooking up a storm these past few weeks! Must be the fresh summer produce, or the plethora of food blogs I've recently found...or that it's too hot to go outside...

Unfortunately, the digital camera is sick again. So I don't have enticing pictures to share. :( But I do have ideas!

Per Suburban Apron's suggestion, I made Martha Stewart's Crustless Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche for dinner one night. Yum! Instead of four ramekins, I used one large dish. The only downside was that it had to bake for nearly an hour rather than 35 minutes. But it puffed up so prettily and tasted so good that I didn't mind in the end.

Once upon a time I did not like cherries. Well, nevermind to that! I was wrong! WRONG, I tell you. Three words: Chocolate Cherry Muffins. They are to die for --but beware, they are not sweet, so if that's what you're looking for, keep looking! (By the way, I don't know what those non-chocolate muffins are doing in the picture. They are just in the way.)

Back at the grocery store, the red Swiss Chard looked too good to pass up. We usually just chop it up and sauté it with onions and a little olive oil, but I decided to try something new. Gourmet's Swiss Chard Gratin was delicious. Don't be daunted by the roux.

More soon! Happy cooking!

1 comment:

teacherarbc said...

Lovely blog....I'm glad you enjoyed Martha's quiche...

Thanks for stopping by The Suburban Apron Company!!

Julie :)